Anyways, I hauled it out yesterday and started playing with some of the vintage fabric I got earlier.
The result? This little beauty.
You cannot believe how happy Emma is to be out again. ;-) She was chatting away as I was taking pictures.
It reminds me a bit of Dorothy's dress from the Wizard of Oz, though it's not nearly that blue.
You can't tell much, but the bottom edge is raw and frayed a bit. I think that's because the fabric was at the end of it's bolt, but it makes it look really cool (and it doesn't fray any farther).
I love how it could be a formal party dress, but also a "country girl" dress or even a costume depending on the accessories. :-)
The only problem that I had with making this is that I cut the waistband wrong...so the stripes are off by half an inch. :-/ I'm going to have to sew ribbon over that to cover them up.
I used the Liberty Jane Peplum top pattern for the bodice, Kilara dress pattern for the waistband, and my own skirt patten.
Emma decided to get out her violin and play a few country airs.
So far she can only play "Boil 'Em Cabbage Down"... (No really, that's a real song!)
Sorry for a long(ish) post about a dress. I will definitely be making more (of a different fabric) for the Etsy shop though. :-)
Have a great weekend!